Effective Date: 10/17/2017
Last Updated Date: 10/17/2017
A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
Our Services are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us through the Services, and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
How We Collect Information.
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you and helps us learn more about the use of the Mobile Application, Website, and/or Services. We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily at registration and in the course of your use of the Website and/or Services. To use our Services, we may require you to create an “Account” by providing your name, phone number and/or email address, and a password, and other information you voluntarily submit to us. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Website, Mobile Application, and/or Services you are able to use. When you communicate with us by sending us an email, we will collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us. If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing the mobile device you use with the Services to send us your location), we may collect, store and use that information. Of course, your location may also be apparent from your content. You can disable location services on your mobile device, but this may limit the features of the Services. Please contact your carrier for more information. In order to access or use certain features and functions of the Services, you may need to provide us with access to your mobile device’s camera, camera roll, and/or microphone. If you no longer wish to grant such access, you can adjust your permissions in “Account Settings” and/or off at the device level. Our Mobile Application may also send push notifications to your mobile device. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you can adjust your permissions in “Account Settings” and/or turn push notifications off at the device level.
Third Party Sites and Services
We created and use tools and interfaces that allow you to connect with other websites, platforms and services, including, for example, Facebook (“Third Party Sites”) through Octi. We typically work with the Third Party Site’s application protocol interface (better known as their developer API) in a way that allows you to authorize us to access your account on that Third Party Site on your behalf. In order to provide this authorization, you do not provide us with your user name or password to the Third Party Site, but you will need to log-in to that Third Party Site directly through our Services. Once authorized by you, the Third Party Site provides us a token that allows the Third Party Site to recognize us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information or to post information. For example, when you click “Connect” to grant Octi access to your Facebook account, we may import your name and profile photograph from Facebook, as well as other information. Octi does not control any policies or terms of such Third Party Sites. As a result, Octi is not responsible for any use of your information or content by a Third Party Site. You can revoke our access to any Third Party Site at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable Third Party Site.
We may collect biometric and biofeedback information relating to your use of the Services, including information about your physical movements when you use the camera in connection with the Services. We may also collect information about how you use the Services, including your interactions with the Services and with other users of the Services. This may include information about your particular devices (e.g., the make and model and registration number of the computer, mobile device, or other hardware used to interact with the Services), Internet Protocol address and other connectivity information, date/time stamp for and length of each session, geographic location, and cookies, which may uniquely identify your browser or device(s) to us. You acknowledge and agree that we may observe and/or record your interactions with other users of the Services in real-time and collect and store information relating to any inputs you submit to or through the Services.
When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) to or through any of the Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and may be reproduced and viewed by other users in accordance with your privacy settings.
Information Collected from You about Others.
If you decide to invite a third party to create an account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses or mobile telephone numbers in order to send an e-mail or SMS message and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database. As part of your use of the Services, we provide you the opportunity to connect automatically with your friends. With your permission, we will access your address book, call log and SMS log, and import your contacts’ names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, geographic location and Facebook IDs to facilitate automatic connection with your friends. We do this for contact matching to help your friends and you find each other and share content. We do not store any passwords you provide as part of the contact import process. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and the phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
Information Collected by Our Servers
Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information for many reasons, including to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements around the Website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Website or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened, for example, to ensure that we are sending messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
Collection of Information by Advertisers
Disclosure – Analytics
We may also use third party tracking and data analytics services; for example, to help us analyze how users use the Website and Services. These services collect information, such as how often and what features of the Services they use. We use and may share this information with our service providers to provide and improve our Services and to potentially create new services.
How We Use Information
We will use your Personal Information to:
• Administer your Account;
• Provide the Services and customer support;
• Improve the Services;
• Tailor the features and content of the Services to you;
• Market our products and services and those of third parties to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
• Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
• Communicate with you about the Services.
We may receive additional information about you from third parties, including partners that provide us information that is publicly or commercially available, and may combine that information with the other information we collect about you to improve the efficacy of our Services offerings. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users, we may conduct research on users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on information we collect directly and other information provided to us by third parties. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Information to analyze requests and usage patterns to enhance the Services.
We use the Anonymous Information we collect to analyze trends, administer and improve the Services, track users’ movements while using the Services, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services and any new services to our users’ needs.
How We Disclose Information.
Please be aware that your posts may be available to other users of the Services, depending on your Account settings.
We may also disclose certain Personal Information as follows:
• Other Users. Our Services allow you to choose to communicate with other users of the Services. To the extent you choose to share Personal Information in a communication or any other content with another user, it will be available to that user (or group of users as identified in your privacy settings). Please be thoughtful about the information that you share.
• Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer you.
• Third Party Partners. We work with our partners to enhance the quality and efficiency of the Services, and we may provide user information, including Personal Information, to them from time to time. We may also share the Anonymous Information publicly and with our advertisers, researchers, business partners, publications and other third parties.
• Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with companies that desire access to Personal Information that we collect from you. AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SUCH THIRD PARTY COMPANIES. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
If we share Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, then you have the right to receive information about the categories of entities to which we have disclosed such information and the names and addresses of those entities. To submit your written request, please send it to us at email@example.com and put the following words in the subject line of the email: "California Privacy Request." Within 30 days after receipt of your request, we will send you a list of the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses such third parties, if any. Please note that the California "Shine the Light" law does not cover all categories of information that may be collected and disclosed or shared, and our policy relates only to information covered by the law. Please also note that we are required to respond to one request per California user each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
• Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
• Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by contacting us at the address below or at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated, although your profile and any content associated with it will remain on the Services unless you have deleted them. We may also retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. Certain information is necessary for us to provide the Services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information you may not be able to use the Services.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our site.
Controlling Your Information
Information Disclosed to Third Parties
Questions; Contacting Octi
Attention: Melissa Kaspers
6600 Sunset Blvd. Hollywood, CA 90028